Ballyneety Golf Club is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Ballyneety Golf Club in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Ballyneety Golf Club
- Contact details of Ballyneety Golf Club
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Ballyneety Golf Club
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are an 18-Hole, members-owned, Championship Golf Course offering a top-quality golfing experience for members and visitors.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Manager: Liam Lawlor / Admin: Margaret Curtin
Purpose for processing your data
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to Club news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with Golf Club Membership Ballyneety Golf Club need to collect personal data for Standing Order Mandates, payment and communication purposes.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Contractual - Ballyneety Golf Club needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of Membership or Green Fees to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, Ballyneety Golf Club are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Ballyneety Golf Club use the personal data it collects about me?
Ballyneety Golf Club will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Ballyneety Golf Club in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Ballyneety Golf Club procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Mailchimp email provider
- HDS Partnership Accountants
- SMS messaging service
- AIB Merchant Services
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Ballyneety Golf Club facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Ballyneety Golf Club refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Ballyneety Golf Club will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Ballyneety Golf Club or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Ballyneety Golf Club data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.